The Chester Township Police have seen power restorations on parts of North Road in the area of Old Farmstead Road and power crews working on Parker, Larison, South and North Roads over the past day.
A major transmission line was repaired on State Park Road and although they do coordinate with the power crews, Lieutenant Tom Williver of the Chester Township Police said the department is not privy to when power will be restored to a particular street.
Quick hits for residents:
- Chester Township Municipal Offices will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday Nov. 10, Sunday Nov. 11, and Monday Nov. 12 for residents to warm up and charge cell phones and other electronic devices. Free Wi-Fi access available.
- The Chester Library is open for Chester Township residents to charge cell phones or other electronic equipment. There is no Internet of Wi-Fi.
- The Fourth Quarter Grace Period for taxes has been extended to November 16, 2012.
- Brookside Fire Department in Mendham Township and the Sisters of Charity in Mendham Borough have been running shelters with meals and such since the beginning of the storm.
- For Chester Township residents who do not have power by the end of Wednesday Nov. 7, officials have been told by JCP&L that the next projected restoration date is Saturday Nov. 10.