A fire ignited in the chimney of a Delwood Road home in Chester just before 6 a.m. Monday morning, Chester Township police said.
The fire prompted the response of the police as well as the Chester Volunteer Fire Department, Chester police Lt. Tom Williver said. The fire was quickly extinguished before it could spread to the rest of the house, Williver said.
Fire Chief Angelo Bolio said that the fire appeared to have begun in the chimney.
No one was injured during the incident, Williver said.
Chester First Aid Squad, Fairmount and Flanders Fire Departments assisted at the scene, Williver said. The fire was placed under control by 7:45 a.m.