Tribute to Children of Newtown, Author and Auction at MCAW Fundraiser
Morris County Arts Workshop to hold their first fundraising event in the Chester Springs Shopping Center on Thursday, Dec. 20.
The Morris County Arts Workshop will hold its first holiday fundraiser Thursday at 7 p.m. This event will begin with a slide presentation by National Geographic photographer Michael Yamashita, Chester's own, who will narrate his photos and discuss his adventures in Tibet while shooting images for his book, "Shangri La: Along the Tea Road to Lhasa."
This will be followed by a book signing, live seasonal music and entertainment, wine and cheese, delectable desserts, a gallery opening of Michael’s photos, and a silent auction to benefit MCAW's public art initiative. Admission will be $20 each in advance, and $25 at the door.
When: Thursday, Dec. 20
Time: 7-10 p.m.
Place: The Hive, MCAW's new storefront at the Chester Springs Shopping Center (next door to Sleepy's)
Reservation: click here or on the book.
The Hive will be open all day for previewing silent auction items. Some items up for silent auction include:
• A weekend in Cape May
• A portrait done in pastels
• A pass for the Bickford Theatre and a family pass for the Morris Museum
• Original art works by local artists
• Pottery vase
• Pottery tureen
• Knitting or crocheting lessons
• Little girl's birthday party
• One year of free mailbox services at the UPS Store in Chester
• Six bottles of Worker Bee Wine, made by the Queen Bees of MCAW at Vintner's Circle
• Cleanout and organization of a closet in your home or workplace
• A fresh flower lei, or a lesson on making your own lei
• A membership in a Community Supported Agriculture plan (CSA) at a local farmstand
Free educational assessment at Learning RX of Chester
• Wine and Cheese Event, courtesy of Vintner's Circle
• $100 gift certificate to Simply Country in Mendham
• Four tickets to 'Pilobolus' on April 19th, 2013, Mayo Performing Arts Center
• Signed NY Ranger jersey of Gilbert #7
Tealight Tribute to the Children of Newtown, Conn.
The Hive will be open all day on Dec. 20 a for silent auction preview, and for a tealight tribute to the children of Newtown, Connecticut. Those interested can come by to light a tealight (flameless), and bring your cards, letters, and wishes for the healing of the Newtown community.
Notes and letters will be bound into a book and sent to the families of Sandy Hook Elementary.