Mobile Banking is Safe and Convenient When Consumers Take Precautions Says Peapack-Gladstone Bank
Convenience is the driving factor in the rise of mobile banking. It opens the doors to consumer choice and access to banking options. But, as mobile devices like smartphones and iPads become more popular, hackers are finding savvy ways to steal information. Peapack-Gladstone Bank urges consumers to be cautious when using mobile devices to do their banking.
It is important to take a common sense approach to mobile banking. Use caution on your phone just like you would a computer. If you’re careful, you can really enjoy mobile banking’s benefits safely and securely.
Following a few simple steps can prevent a big headache later. Peapack-Gladstone Bank offers the following tips to protect your information:
Avoid storing sensitive information like passwords and social security numbers on your mobile device.
- Password protect your mobile device, and lock it when you’re not using it.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Don’t type any sensitive information if others around you can see.
- Log out completely when you complete a mobile banking session.
- Protect your phone from viruses and malware just like you do for your computer by installing mobile security software.
- Download the updates for your phone and mobile apps.
- Use discretion when downloading apps.
- If you change your phone number or lose your mobile device, let your financial institution know right away.
- Monitor your accounts regularly, and report suspicious activity to your financial institution immediately.
About Peapack-Gladstone Bank
Established in 1921, Peapack-Gladstone Bank is a $1.58 billion asset, wholly owned community bank that offers a full range of quality banking products and services to businesses and residents of Essex, Somerset, Hunterdon, Middlesex, Morris and Union counties in New Jersey, through 23 full-service branches, an online branch and a wealth management division, PGB Trust & Investments. In addition to its personal and business banking product line, Peapack-Gladstone Bank offers consumer and commercial lending products and services like auto and home equity loans and lines of credit, residential mortgages, commercial mortgages, term loans, lines of credit and construction loans. For additional information about Peapack-Gladstone Bank or to open an account online, visit www.pgbank.com or call 908-234-0700. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.